13 - Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
8 - Beach House - Teen Dream
25 - Black Keys - Brothers
1 - Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
2 - The Hold Steady - Heaven Is Whenever
4 - Local Natives - Gorilla Manor
20 - The National - High Violet
9 - Phosphorescent - Here's To Taking It Easy
10 - The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
3 - Vampire Weekend - Contra
2 - The Walkmen - Lisbon
Thanks to everyone for voting. It was a close race until Brothers pulled away at the end. It may have been a wire-to-wire victory, but High Violet was threatening to take over by the end of it. Here are some factoids:
- I listed 4 of my top 5 (only omission was Deerhunter's Halcyon Digest.) The only one of my top 5 not to finish in the your top 5 was, interestingly enough, my #1: Gorilla Manor by Local Natives.
- May was an immense month for music in 2010, as we made abundantly clear. Three of top 5 were released in May (Here's to Taking It Easy, Brothers, and High Violet.) The Suburbs, while released in August, contributes a song called "Month of May".
- You all need to recognize, because Local Natives deserved more than four votes!
- This isn't the first time the popular mandate was in stark contrast with my rankings. Last year, the Avett Brothers' I & Love & You took the fan vote, despite only finishing 17th in my list.
- The largest disparity between my rankings and yours was, not surprisingly, Brothers, which I had in the back half of my top 25. The average disparity overall was 5.5.
- Only Vampire Weekend's Contra aligned--we both had it 8th.
- Yes, I realize that because the sample size isn't consistent, that comparing our lists is flawed.
Thanks again for participating. Onward into the new year -- will have some new content up soon.